CHANGING LIVES FOR MERE PENNIES
Deworming is the most cost efficient way to eradicate malnutrition.
Through our relationship with Planting Peace founder, Aaron Jackson, we’ve learned so much about the impact deworming can have, which is why we are joining forces to deworm millions of children across the globe.
In May 2015, we donated enough funds to Planting Peace to deworm 1 million children in Uganda.
In June, we traveled alongside Planting Peace to the country of Haiti to hand out deworming pills, work in a pop-up medical clinic, fix up some of the area’s orphanages, and come up with a plan to help this organization reach their goal of deworming the entire country. We could not have been more honored to have been invited on this trip and to continue our participation in deworming efforts.
Going forward, we will work together to bring deworming medication to those communities we are working with to build schools and wells, ensuring a total setup for success in these villages.
Deworming pills cost only about a penny per pill and their impact is huge! For about the cost of that morning cup of coffee, you could deworm an entire village.
Deworming Quick Facts:
• A recent study in Nepal showed a 41% drop in the deaths of infants born to mothers who took the pills before giving birth.
• Worm infections are estimated to cause around 16 million cases of mental retardation in primary school children and 200 million years of lost primary schooling in the developing world.
• Deworming school-aged children gives them the potential to earn their way out of poverty.
• A study in Zanzibar found that anti-parasite treatment can reduce children’s malnutrition by 62% and reduce anemia by 59%.
• To stay up to date on our latest projects, follow our blog or sign up for our newsletter.