WILL WORK FOR FOOD
“You can’t build a peaceful world on empty stomachs and human misery.”
– Dr. Norman Ernest Borlaug
Over 48 million Americans live in food insecure households. That’s 1 in 6 people living in the United States.
PROJECT: feed aims solve this problem, by utilizing resources that are already available and would otherwise have gone to waste. We launched this program within the vacation rental space to capture the food items that would otherwise be left behind in homes and condos when vacationers head home.
How does it work?
• We supply a signature “Sonder Project” bag for each home of the participating companies.
• Departing guests are invited to leave any unopened, nonperishable food items that they may have remaining at the end of their stay in the provided bag.
• Upon guests’ departure, the bags are picked up and taken to a designated area. From there, donations can be easily gathered by volunteers for distribution to local food pantries.
Did you know?
• Children who struggle with hunger are sick more often, recover more slowly, and are more likely to be hospitalized.
• Undernourished children 0-3 years of age cannot learn as much, as fast or as well.
• Children who regularly do not get enough nutritious food to eat have significantly higher levels of behavioral, emotional and academic problems and can be more aggressive and anxious.
• We have Collection Partners throughout the United States, each giving back within their own local area.
Our 2016 Goal: Donate 1 million pounds of food to those in need.
Want to meet the people and companies making this possible? Click the link below!